> What do I need to bring to closing? Prior to the closing, you will need to send a Fed wire transfer sent through the Federal Reserve System, to us for fees due at closing. Request the wire transfer by visiting your bank branch and presenting the instructions we furnish to your banker. The following are not accepted: Transfers through the Automated Clearinghouse, cash, check, cashier’s check, official check, bill pay or other transfer or direct deposit to our trust account.  Your closer will notify you with the correct amount due. Buyers and Sellers will need to bring their current unexpired driver’s license or passport – some lenders may also require the Buyer/Borrower to furnish a secondary form of identification, like voter’s registration or social security card.My home is solely in my name:  will my spouse need to attend the closing? Spouses always must sign the deed or mortgage of a principal residence, even if the property is titled solely.I am getting divorced and purchasing my new principal residence solely in my name; does my estranged spouse need to sign? Yes.  The estranged spouse’s signature is required until the final judgment of Dissolution of Marriage has been entered into the court file.

My spouse is unable to attend the closing, can I use a Power-of-Attorney?

Powers of Attorney are acceptable if there are extenuating circumstances which would otherwise prevent the absent party from signing in advance.  The form of Power of Attorney must be approved by Enterprise Title of Tampa Bay, Inc. and the Lender, if applicable.

What is Title Insurance?

Title Insurance insures that you are the rightful owner of your property.

Title Insurance protects you from financial loss in the event problems develop regarding the rights of ownership to your property.  These may be hidden title defects that even the most careful title research will not reveal.  In addition to protection from financial loss, title insurance pays the cost of defending against any covered claim.

But the Lender already requires Title Insurance.  Won’t that protect me?

No necessarily.  There are two types of Title Insurance.  A Lender’s Policy (also known as a Mortgagee Policy) insures that your lender has a valid lien on the property.  Most lenders require this type of insurance and typically require the borrower to pay for it.  An Owner’s Policy, on the other hand, protects your interest in the property.  Title troubles, such as improper estate proceedings or pending legal action, could put your equity at serious risk.  If a valid claim is filed, in additional to financial loss up to the face amount of the policy, your owner’s title policy covers cost of legal defense.